Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
- 1 cup quick oats, blended into flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp iodized salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium size mixing bowl stir together dry ingredients until well combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together wet ingredients until well combined.
- A little bit at a time, stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients until well combined.
- In a preheated skillet or griddle, use 1/4 measuring cup to pour batter.
- Cook over medium-low heat on each side for 2-4 minutes, flipping when the edges become firm and the top isn’t shiny.
About 90 calories per pancake.
Peanut Butter Maple Glaze
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- Pour ingredients into a small sauce pan.
- Simmer over low heat 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
About 95 calories per tablespoon.