The Divi Theme is incredibly powerful. It’s also incredibly complex, which can be intimidating and confusing. Here’s a gentle introduction to working with posts with the Divi Theme showing how to create an “Image” style post.
Creating a New “Image” Style Post
- Log in to the Dashboard for your website.
- On the left menu, hover on “Posts” and select “Add New.”
- Give the post a meaningful title (this may also appear in the url).
- Click the purple button under the title labeled “Use The Divi Builder.”
- Click “Insert Columns” and choose the long rectangle at the top left.
- Click “Insert Modules” and choose the “Image” module.
- Click the black button at the top right labeled “Upload An Image.”
- Choose the file in your Media Library or click the tab “Upload Files.”
- To upload a file, follow the prompts on the screen.
- Click the blue button at the bottom right labeled “Set As Image.”
- Go to the Design tab to adjust styling (like centering and box shadow).
- Click the green button at the bottom labeled Save & Exit.
- Adjust the page settings (like No Sidebar) and check the Categories.
- Click “Publish.”
Editing an Existing “Image” Style Post
- Editing an Image style post is nearly the same as creating one.
- Just go back to step #7 above and choose or upload a new image.
- Then continue through step 13, and click “Update.”