Shout out to Sugar Spun Run for their tasty and simple Easy Brownies from Scratch recipe, which provided the base for my adaptations. You can check out their recipe here: https://sugarspunrun.com/brownies-from-scratch/
Triple Chocolate Banana Brownies
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 3/4 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tsp (imitation) vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup quick oats, ground into flour using a blender or food processor
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large microwave safe mixing bowl, warm butter and 1/4 cup chocolate chips in the microwave just long enough to melt and stir smooth (20-30 sec).
- Add the mashed banana and sliced zucchini to the melted chocolate mixture and stir well.
- Add the brown and granulated sugars and stir well.
- Add the beaten yolks and vanilla extract and stir well.
- Add the cocoa powder, oat flour, all-purpose flour, and salt to the mixture and stir just until combined.
- Gently fold in remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips (alternatively, sprinkle on top after pouring batter into baking dish).
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and pour brownie batter into the dish.
- Bake for 25-30 mins until toothpick stuck in center comes out clean (a couple crumbs are ok but no batter).
- Allow to cool at least 10-15 minutes (recommended at least an hour) before cutting and serving.