Shout out to Two Peas & Their Pod for their Classic Banana Bread Recipe, which served as a foundation for my recipe. You can check out their recipe here: https://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com/banana-bread/
Blueberry Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 3/4 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted stick butter, cooled slightly
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg at room temperature, beaten
- 1/2 tsp (imitation) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the mashed banana, shredded zucchini, and melted butter.
- Add the brown sugar and mix well.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Then gently fold in blueberries.
- Spray a 9×5 glass loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Then pour in bread batter.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
- Allow to cool at least an hour before slicing and serving.
Roughly 72 calories per serving. Great for breakfast, snacks, and shared meals with family, friends, and church potlucks!
Shout out to Joy Food Sunshine for a simple and delicious pizza dough recipe! It’s what I used for this recipe. Check out their recipe here: https://joyfoodsunshine.com/easy-homemade-pizza-dough/
Chorizo Sausage Breakfast Pizza
- 1 cup warm water (105-110 degrees)
- 1 tbsp instant yeast
- 1 tbsp Truvia baking blend
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 11oz pork chorizo
- 16oz turkey sausage
- 1 cup reduced fat colby jack shredded cheese
- 6 tbsp egg substitute
- 1 cup baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Brown the chorizo and sausage together on the stovetop over medium heat and drain. Set aside.
- Proof the yeast: add warm water, yeast, and Truvia baking blend to a large mixing bowl. Stir well. Let rest for about 5 minutes, until surface of water is foamy.
- Mix the dough: stir olive oil into water/yeast mixture. Then add flour and salt. Mix well. Dough will be slightly sticky. (Tip, add some Italian style seasonings to the dough for extra yum!)
- Knead the dough: dust a flat surface dusted with flour (like a cutting board). Transfer dough to floured surface and press top in repeatedly, folding dough over on itself, until the dough is a smooth, slightly sticky ball (maybe 2-3 minutes).
- Spray a couple pizza pans (or a large cookie sheet) with nonstick cooking spray and lightly dust with garlic salt. Then spread dough in pan. Prick dough all over with a fork.
- Pre-bake dough for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add toppings: about half the cheese, then half the sausage mixture (save the other half for another pizza!), pour egg substitute over, add the rest of the cheese, and sprinkle spinach on top.
- Bake for another 5-7 minutes. Dough is done when it turns lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Roughly 290 calories per serving. Pairs well with fresh fruit for breakfast, brunch, or breakfast-for-lunch-or-dinner.