I adapted this recipe from my basic banana bread. It’s a fairly straightfoward recipe, using pantry basics: eggs, oil, vanilla extract, brown sugar, all-purpose flour and typical leavening agents. My family really likes chocolate chips, but other mix-ins like nuts or berries work well, too!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Mini Muffins
- 1 medium very ripe banana (roughly 1/2 cup) mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar loosely packed
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk mashed banana, egg, oil, and vanilla extract until uniform. Then mix in brown sugar.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until well-combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips (or other mix-ins).
- On a non-stick mini muffin tray, spray 24 of the mini muffin cups with non-stick spray. Then distribute batter evenly among the 24 mini muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-13 minutes, until edges just start to turn golden and toothpick stuck in center comes out clean with maybe a couple crumbles (but no raw batter).
- Allow to cool 10-15 minutes before removing from pan.